Sunday 8 August 2010

"Summer days, d-riftin' away.."

During my brief spell as a teacher I used to feel really sad when parents rolled their eyes and heaved great sighs of doom about the holidays. Well, now I have much more sympathy, especially if you need to sort childcare out – what a nightmare. It can be tricky if it rains, and it's hard if your children are a wide range of ages, but mine all tend to bumble along together for now, and the sun's out : so far so good.

Evie has made a 'cage' for a caterpillar by folding up a sheet of kitchen towel and securing it with a clothes peg and a hair clip. The boys have been setting fire to things, thanks to their dad teaching them how to burn stuff using a magnifying glass (thanks for that Col). They've coloured bricks in with chalk and they've written a rock song or two. We've been out and about a bit, but my favourite days are the least spectacular ones, when not much is going on but everyone's OK with it.

Years ago I was told you have to have a battle plan. (Linda McCanna) Here's mine:

1. I will not feel not feel intimidated by the amazing ‘National trust/bug hunt/football club/Legoland/family fun day/£100 down the drain’- type advertising

2. I will not give in to jealousy fueled by facebook statuses - everyone else isn't having way more fun than me with their incessant BBQ’s and trendy mates.

3. I will not feel pressured to get dressed unless it is absolutely necessary

My role model is Stacey, I think she's got the right idea:

M

3 I'

No comments:

Post a Comment