Tuesday 23 March 2010

A gig in a wig

OK, deep breath and I've jumped in. 

I have only played a few gigs so far with my world-famous-in-some-corners-of-Worthing band Sidekicks, but on Saturday we did our first party. We played at a 70's themed house warming and met some lovely people. There was an overgrown Superman swooping his cape like a matador, and a Kings of Leon fan who was looking pretty sweaty by the end because he had chosen the Scooby Doo costume at the shop. I would say the house was warmed up nicely, with the aid of gorgeous hosts,  many platform shoes, wigs, very snug catsuits and even the odd pair of hot pants (on a pair of hairy male legs. Every time I shut my eyes I can still see it).  

The next morning a different brand of silliness ensued - this time it was the church variety. Let's just say that after physio first thing Monday morning Col wondered if he might have overdone it, what with the Suggs-style SKA conga and the African dancing he suddenly decided to teach everyone. Hopping and twisting on a knee joint that's been recently reconstructed? "I should have lead with my left leg..." he reflected. We are truly a family of attention seekers. Hence my decision to write a blog! We can keep in touch whilst we're on our trip to Africa (well that's my excuse anyway) x

6 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Well done Pamelaaar. Looking forward to keeping in touch with your South African trip. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful adventure Pam, is all the family going or just you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the third comment I have typed as the other 2 which were really funny and long got deleted . You know how I love typing!! just to say well done I think you are really funny and very interesting!! I look forward to reading your unique take on life will miss you loads your thinner friend Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yippee! I'm looking forward to reading the next instalment. You are truly funny and should write a book too... I'm not being sarcastic either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, you GUYS!! (Am I allowed to leave a comment on my own blog or is that a really uncool thing to do?) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Belinda you are so funny, you should write a book, your comments always make me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete